Re: (TFT) Wargame 5 --> Wizards in TFT Wargame

OK, so when you say "apprentice" you mean someone more like a "professional
apprentice." But that will make wizard-squads even rarer. I'd count what you
call novices and what I call apprentices as being among the 1-in-300 of the
population who's a wizard.

This is also one of the reasons why I extended spell durations; with Aid
spells extended to 1 minute (12 turns) IMC, a high Dx isn't quite so critical. If
an apprentice can take three or four tries to cast an Aid when called on, then
a Dx 10 or Dx 11 becomes viable.

I've also expanded the rule, in Advanced Melee, about getting a bonus for
extra time. By the book it's an optional rule that gives +1 Dx for "aiming" for 1
turn or +2 Dx for two turns, and it's implied that the bonus applies to melee
only. Or at least to weapon-attacks only.

IMC I've extended it to spellcasting and  boosted the bonus (but limited it
to one extra turn only). The bonus in Etan for aiming 1 turn is +4 Dx with
melee attacks, spells, and rifles, +2 Dx for crossbows and for guns other than
rifles, and +1 Dx for all other ranged attacks.

Erol