Re: (TFT) Wargame 5 --> Wizards in TFT Wargame --> Apprentices DX

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 22:43, ErolB1@aol.com wrote:
> In addition, I've generally downplayed the idea of wizards working in groups;
> that's one of the things that makes the world vulnerable to "Industrial Magic
> Disease" IMO. ...

> <magic becomes> ... more of an Art typically practiced by a lone
> genius with maybe one assistant.
>
> Erol

Thanks Erol.
  I'm dumping this post into my TFT file for
further thought.

  Likely Steve Jackson did it the way he did
to make it necessary to have organized magic
guilds / schools.  He also liked the idea of
team work.

  But tho TFT magic item creation was orders
of magnitude better than D&D's "... items are
found in dungeons ... " system I do think
that industrial magic is its biggest failing.

  Warm regards, Rick.

post script, Dan, if you are starting up a
TFT campaign you should subscribe to this
list.

Talk to Joe at:

http://tft.brainiac.com/