Re: (TFT) Magic in combat and TFT...

Rick Smith wrote:

> But in TFT there are rules for making new spells.
> What would people come up with when an Evil Empire
> spends $$$ making a 60 fST ubber combat spell?

In my campaign, a spell that's underpowered for the 60 St cost.

The TFT rules say that the obvious spells have already all been worked out. I
interprete this to mean that new spells will either be highly specialized
and/or less cost-effective than existing ones. At the very least, the spell won't
provide MORE bang per point of St than the existing ones.

Now the St 60 spell will be impressive, but it will usually be more
worthwhile, overall, to cast a dozen spells with an average St cost of 5, instead.

In TFT, I go by "Smaller is Smarter" rather than "Bigger is Better." Or to be
more technical, I go for "diseconomies of scale" rather than "economies of
scale." And for those times when I do want a game with Big Magic, I use 3e D&D
as the game system.