Re: (TFT) Trademark

From: "John J Hyland" <johnnyboytmm@juno.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Trademark
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:27:16 GMT

[snip]

Anyway, to answer your question, they [at Dark City] have never said they intended to
shut down TFT fan sites, and given that they started as one it would
seem unlikely.  Also, I exchanged a few e-mails with them when they
astarted, and they seem like good guys, and TFT fans, alot like the
folk on this list.  So while I cannot say for certain, I don't think
hey will be going after fan sites.

Also, I hope that their full ruleset works out great, since I intend to
get a copy when available.  Maybe we will all be able to play an "in
print" game soon.

It would be interesting to see, finally, a next generation of TFT. Come to think of it, it has been about a generation since TFT was first published. The kids have grown up -- the kids who first played the game-- and it is neat to see the next generation take over the game as a labor of love.

-- John