Re: (TFT) TFT TM

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:17:51 -0600
"Craig W. Barber" <craigwbar@comcast.net> wrote:

> Why not ask DCG to contact the son again?

The contact information I had for him a few years back is no longer
valid, so I would have no way to put them in touch.

Knowing that DCG runs on a shoestring and is more about the love of the
games than money, I seriously doubt they'd want to come up with the
scratch required to buy TFT, though I'd love to be wrong about that.

The question I'd ask myself is how much real value is there in the
old property, anyway.  25 years ago (gulp!), computers and video games
were virtually unheard of in the home, so game-minded people had no
choice but to use pencil and paper and boards.  Now a gamer can just
plug into World of Warcraft and have a heck of a gaming experience.
I couldn't see anyone pumping a large sum of money into the TFT
property, because what would be a realistic return on that investment?
I don't think that even SJG would be able to ramp it up to anything
resembling the size of, oh, say, GURPS.

> What's the word on
> putting it on the brick and mortar shelves?

I know that DCG has made headway in working with game distributors and
does hope to get product distributed to game stores.  There are currently
4 stores listed as distributors on their website, hopefully that'll grow
quickly.