From: dwtulloh61@cox.net
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) TFT Healing

---- ErolB1@aol.com wrote:

> Different GMs, players, and groups game for different reasons.
> What they want out of a game varies.

I agree with what you're saying but I'm not sure where to go from
here.  Are you advocating that a poster should announce what
type of category ( ie, TFT: realistic;  TFT: high fantasy; TFT: low
fantasy, etc ) before discussing topics like how to handle healing,
etc?  Seems to me that an argument could be made for each
kind of category ... the problems come in when you want the rules
pertaining your category to apply to others as well.

Maybe what we need is a certain set of core rules and a set of
add-on rules that pertain to certain genres, a-la GURPS.  I'm
not a big fan of this approach, but it would be a way for those
who want games using a D&D style of healing to talk without
inciting those who advocate realistic healing.

Dan