Re: (TFT) armies and healing

  pvk@oz.net wrote:
  ... The by-the-book experience system doesn't take
the unfairness of magic items into account, and
players naturally want to latch onto these items, or
focus on trying to buy or have them made for them,
and then never let go of them.
Peter,
   I see what you mean.  Now I will attempt to use that same argument to my own ends.  It seems right to me that the players are aware of how powerful magic items are, and that they would latch onto them.  I don't see a problem.  Maybe if the players didn't appreciate the power of magic there would be an issue.  right now though, the quest for power is a strong motive for all my players.  Also I can concede that just because an Item may "wear out" using your house rules, I don't think it would diminish their ambition by much.
   As to the other part, experience adjustment for the magic items used sounds fair enough.  I can't see much potential for abuse there.  It's not like they are going to arm Prootwaddles with magic arms and armor before they slaughter their village.  At least not just for a few extra exp anyway.

   In conclusion I think those two house rules sound both very playable, and well playtested.  I think they would be a fine addition to any campaign.  But I remain unconvinced that a hero with the right items being "unkillable" is a bad thing.  As a player I enjoy wading into a pool of 400 orcs every now and then.

   David Michael Grouchy II