Re: (TFT) armies and healing

A couple of quick potshots:

In a message dated 9/14/2006 10:34:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
davidgrouchy@yahoo.com writes:

>    Healing:
> Three Alchemists can produce 100 healing potions a month.  On average only
one lab will explode every 8 months.

Do you increase the price of healing potions to account for the cost of 1 lab
lost every 8 months?

>     What kind of GM am I?
> Killer GM, everyone dies, early and often.  After about six or seven
deaths, if I feel you are no longer attached to your character's fate, I may
consider letting
> them live.

That sounds like an admission that you actively discourage roleplaying in
your games.

 >    Now this begs the question: if this was started by rules for a larger
scale of combat, and has landed on the subject of healing, are we talking about
healing on
>an army scale?  Will a hundred healing potions a month cover that?

That depends profoundly on how much healing potions cost to produce. In the
limiting case of healing potions not being available at any price, then
obviously armies can get by without them (unless you use "combat deadlier than real
life" rules that make armies themselves impractical).

(Also, how big is "army scale" to you? Numbers of troops measured in the
hundreds? In the thousands? Tens of thousands? More?)

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow