(TFT) multiple replies, one message

>2. We changed the experience system so that you only got significant
experience from doing something at least semi-challenging for you, taking
magic items into account.

I could only get behind this if it also took into account the difference between Platemail and leather, between Greatsword and dagger, and etc.  Power is power, and if the orc is worth less XP because my weapon is overwhelming, then he ought to be worth more when the opposite is true.

"I'm going to duel him left-handed..."

DMG quoted Peter>
> So then they find a socially safe way to kill the humanoid, and apprentices and a wizard willing to cast Zombie on it. A 20-ST Zombie casting makes a zombie with ST 15. Next day, it decays to ST 14. Then they cast a 21-ST Zombie spell on it, adding 16 ST

Can't do that.  The _first_ Zombie spell cast sets the Zombie's ST.  Later castings of Zombie can only 'heal' the zombie, not pump it up.  If it could, your wizard would add 15ST a day until forced to stop... (scribbling campaign notes)

>* It doesn't help against the silly idea of converting high ST to high DX
just because a large creature is used, which could be abused in various
other ways, like someone who wants to shapeshift their Giant friends, or
loyal warhorses, etc., into reptile men with obscenely high attribute
totals just because they are trying to abuse a loophole that really isn't
there unless a GM lets players get away with taking the opposite of a
limitation as a grant of silly powers.

The Shapeshift already is limited to a 'typical' member of the target creature type.  So an average cow becomes an average whatever.  IF you as a GM have shown your PC a race with 8ST and 33DX, THEN he could start this process.  But not until then.

>   "GMs may use their discretion as to what kind of shifting is allowed."
- Advanced Wizard, Shapeshifting (T), page 17

   So of course you are perfectly justified in ruling against it.  Personally I have developed a system.  I divide by Hex size....

I think your analysis is correct.  But the spell already nerfs the problem.  Waving maths about only obfuscates that it was already illegal _before_ the maths.

DMG> To everyone, for extra credit.  Why can't a wizard shapeshift a greater demon to an IQ 1 plant before doing mental combat with it, in the hopes of gaining an easy wish?

Because a plant can't grant wishes?  Though it's tempting to have it apply that 1 IQ and plant's sensibility to twisting the wish.

"I want to be STRONGER!"

"OK, your roots are now about twice as deep."