Re: (TFT) multiple replies, one message

On Fri, September 15, 2006 4:19 am, Ed Thorn wrote:

>>2. We changed the experience system so that you only got significant
> experience from doing something at least semi-challenging for you, taking
> magic items into account.
>
> I could only get behind this if it also took into account the difference
> between Platemail and leather, between Greatsword and dagger, and etc.
> Power is power, and if the orc is worth less XP because my weapon is
> overwhelming, then he ought to be worth more when the opposite is true.
>
> "I'm going to duel him left-handed..."

It does. It calculates power based on damage, adjDX, and armor, IIRC.
Actually I think I have the formal write-up at hand. When I get some more
time, maybe I'll post it.

> DMG quoted Peter>
>> So then they find a socially safe way to kill the humanoid, and
>> apprentices and a wizard willing to cast Zombie on it. A 20-ST Zombie
>> casting makes a zombie with ST 15. Next day, it decays to ST 14. Then
>> they cast a 21-ST Zombie spell on it, adding 16 ST
>
> Can't do that.  The _first_ Zombie spell cast sets the Zombie's ST.  Later
> castings of Zombie can only 'heal' the zombie, not pump it up.  If it
> could, your wizard would add 15ST a day until forced to stop...
> (scribbling campaign notes)

Oh, that's a good way to do it, and I think it's a valuable refinement,
but my reading of the spell description is that it specifically does allow
the strength to be increased: "further Zombie spells, etc., can give it
more strength."

PvK