Re: (TFT) My three rules of GMing

When I first learned how to run a game from my first game master (way back in 1977) the three rules he taught me to say to a party was "I don't care, there's a large rock forming over your head, and I don't care". The rock is in reference to his power trip kind of way to get disruptive players to settle down and focus on the game. The DM's magical rock would either drop or go away depending on what the player did. (He only dropped it once if I recall.) The I don't care part came from all of the beginning characters constantly asking "can I attempt to...?".

--David O. Miller