(TFT) ST and exhaustion, digging

PvK writes:
>>Anyway, long story short, what I learned from this second group was just how
freaking hard it is to run around in armor and beat the crap out of people all
day with realistically heavy weapons.  And, what I have to report is that even
though a short sword seems small and light when you pick it up and whip it
around a little, after a few minutes of trying to wield it in a combat
situation, you'd be hurting for technique.

Yes, emphatically!   Long ago I did IFGS, but more to the point, I've seen a
number of (oops, just two) SCA tourneys in which both fighters end up
literally on their knees, face to face, gasping for breath, fighting to get
their sword up once or twice a minute to hammer on the other guy.  Given the
complete lack of power behind the blows, both at least had the luxury of
taking the all shots on their armor, knowing full well that no possible way
any harm could come of the opponent's pathetic blow.  If a ST6 Halfling
bystander had picked up a steak knife he could've slit both helpless throats
in about one melee turn.  (The second time I witnessed this sorry spectacle
was at the zoo, so there were lots of ST6 Halfling bystanders about, including
my own beloved nuisance creatures.)

Now, about the need to incorporate some form of exhaustion into TFT combat...

Archeologists can easily pick out which skeleton in a medieval graveyard is
the local knight: he's the one whose wrist bones on one side are physically
considerably larger than on the other, due to years  and years of endless
practice with the lump of iron...

The digger: Am I the only one thinking, "Hey, this digger is protesting that
your GMing is leaving something to be desired?"  (That said, yes, there are
complete jerks in the world.  I concur that the "politely calculate his rate
of tunneling and let the rest of the party go away" angle is how to handle
it.)