(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #821

tft-owner@brainiac.com writes:

> 2. Get on a horse, unassisted
> 4. Stand up if he is knocked down

In jousting plate no, but I would guess that in war plate (which I have a gut
hunch is probably more like plate and chain anyway); yes. In a skirmish being
able to do so is crucial (duh...). As for wearing heavy armor in the holy
lands; from what I understand both sides wore primarily chain over barding and
under white surcoats to keep from broiling. Plate would probably be strictly
helmets, though by the time of the later crusades I can see plate and/or
brigantine reinforcements of the joints and groin.

BTW; speaking of mixed armor, has anyone ever come up with a system to model
this in TFT ALA' Runequest. I've always averaged for example I would take a
Roman Murmillo gladiator's armor (left leg plate, right leg unarmored,left arm
unarmored,right arm chain, head plate,chest+torso unarmored) as chain, but I
find this unsatisfying...