Re: (TFT) Stewing in Your Own Juices

---- lifeisfun@aol.com wrote:
> Personally, I look at armor from the perspective that it is good
> against specific types of attacks.  The different weapons do
> crushing, piercing, friction/burning or slicing damage.

I've been working on a system where armor would have several
values of "hits stopped" depending on the type of weapon that
was used in the attack, ie a Crush/Slice/Pierce rating.  Chain
might have a good rating against sliciing damage but be poor
against crushing damage, for example.

Of course, this means that weapons would have to labelled as
crushing, piercing or slicing and this raises headaches about
weapons which can be used in multiple modes ( ie, a sword
can be used for thrusting or slicing attacks ).

Dan