Re: (TFT) Line of Sight -- Tanks in Germany.

  When the US army was training in Germany they had
these great tanks (A1M1's I think) with gun ranges
of several km.

  However the gentle hills and light woods of the
Eastern German terrain meant that most of the
fighting would take place at 1500 meters or less.
This pissed off the tankers who insisted on the
war games being changed so that they could get the
fun long range shots when the other guys couldn't
shoot back.

  They did very well in the resulting games.

Regards, Rick.