Re: (TFT) Charging

Hi,

At 11:46 AM 11/3/2006, you wrote:

have some similar questions for the group:

1) If figure A were to move up
next to figure B, who has a
ready pole weapon, would B get the 'set vs.
charge' bonus even if A did
not attack (i.e. choose the Charge Attack option)?

I have always ruled no, because the bonus is due to the necessary commitment in order to attack - makes defense harder. Also, strictly within the rules, it is not, as you pointed out, a "Charge Attack" if there is no attack. Most of my more (played as) combat savvy NPCs tend to use the "Charge and Defend" option when closing against polearms wielders.

2) Can a figure throw a weapon at an
adjacent hex, e.g. range =  1?

Sure, why not. -1 DX adjustment, or +1 DX if you have Thrown Weapons Talent. Mind you, while it actually also works in RL just fine with knife, javelin or 'hawk, I am not sure how it would work with some of the peculiar thrown weapons. I just can't picture bola at that range.

3) Can a
figure throw, or do a last-shot
missle attack, at a different, more distant
figure than the one engaging
him?

I don't see why not, but depending on LOS you might have to roll to miss.

I'm looking for these answers to make my
ongoing programming project more robust. Details, details :)

Thanks,

Lloyd

Best,

Eric =====