(TFT) Using Melee/Wizard as a Wargame

Greetings, all!

I'm new to the list, but not to Melee/Wizard. Among a very small group of friends, we've been using it in more of a wargame capacity. No matter what set of rules we try, we always end up going back to these rules.

I'm interested to know if other people use them in the same way, and what "house rules" or tweaks have you come up with? What are the biggest issues that have come up that you feel a house rule could resolve?

Our group is so competitive, that we can't seem to come up with rules changes that we can all agree with, so we've left it as is.

David Jackson