  From: Peter von Kleinsmid
  To: tft@brainiac.com
  Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 10:06 PM
  Subject: Re: (TFT) Re: engagement

  Yes, one weak spot compared to GURPS is that TFT MA is twice what it is in
  GURPS, so if someone does survive a round, they could turn and run without
  getting hit again (if they have enough MA). You'll notice that if MA is
  halved, then even an unarmored person can't turn and flee and get out of
  range from a standing facing foe in one turn. I guess you could change the
  movement costs for turning, or turning while engaged, or halve everyone's
  MA. Or have the "final strike" rule you suggested...

  Or, just not care, because it's not like someone can avoid getting swung
  at, even with high DX and high MA. That is, I'm not sure if you already
  realized this or not, but having figures move and attack before another
  figure moves (and sticking with alternating turns), already ensures the
  "right to counterattack".

  Example: If Dextrous Dan moves first and runs up and attacks Slow Sam, and
  Sam survives until his time to act, Sam then gets to attack Dan.

  This will be true as long as no one takes Sam out of action before Sam
  acts, just like in TFT, especially if actions all must take place after the
  figure's movement is complete. Though even that wouldn't necessarily have
  to be a rule either.

  PvK