Re: (TFT) First attacks in HTH

-- Lloyd Weber <laweber3@yahoo.com> wrote:---------------
As I
read the Advanced Melee HTH rules again (on pg. 15) I still need
clarification
on one thing. Do the conditions to enter HTH, a - d, apply only to
disengaged
attackers, or to engaged attackers also? Here are the first four
paragraphs of
the rules, what do you think?

I always figured the requirementsto enter HTH were to enter during
regular movement for disengaged figures (preserving their option to
attack in HTH once initiated), and that engaged figures initiated HTH
as their attack (in DX order) so that they essentially trade their
chance to strike in HTH for the waiver of the entry requirements.  It
all seemed to make a certain kharmic game balance sense to me.

But, now as I read the rules excerpt you post, I think I may have
overcomplicated it a bit, since SHIFTs by engaged figures happen during
their movement, and the HTH defense roll also happens during movement,
it would appear that all of the rules apply and that HTH initiation and
defense always takes place during movement.

I am sure I read you could enter HTH as an attack too, maybe I just
read it wrong.

John