Re: (TFT) Twisting the Knight Away

After reading these discussions, I remembered that the group of
gamers I played TFT with in the 80s also allowed a twist. However, I
think it was at most one facing change, after all movement was done.

--- dwtulloh61@cox.net wrote:
> Doesn't that negate the benefits of winning the initiative?
>
> It seems to me that a player who allows his foe to run
> around him has been beaten tactically.  Maybe I just
> dont appreciate the issue.

I agree with your point, since when you *have* to move first, you
should pay greater attention to tactics. It's akin to having to think
ahead in Chess. This is one of the features of TFT that I always
liked.

Turning only one hex facing is possibly a realistic compromise. It
turns a rear attack into a side one, or possibly allows deciding
which of the enemies behind you gets a rear or a side attack if there
are more than one.