Re: (TFT) I've fallen, and I can't get up...

At 11:51 AM 12/3/06 -0800, Christopher Fuhrman wrote:
Suppose a low-dex bowman is engaged and attacked, and finally injured such that
he's knocked down before he got his chance for a last-shot during his action.
During the turn he was knocked down, I'd assume that he can take no options,
not even "Change weapons," which states he drops his weapon and readies a
non-missile weapon for next round.

Yes, see Advanced Melee page 18, Reactions to Injury. Figures who fall from injury and haven't acted yet lose their action for that turn. It adds that NEXT game turn the figure can only stand up (and Steve Jackson's errata says he could also crawl).

Consider another, non-injury related case. A prone crossbowman wants to change
a Melee weapon. Does he have to stand up first?

In other words, does being prone prevent the action "change weapons"?

The only rule I see that specifically prohibits it are the rules that say that during and on the turn immediately after falling (intentionally or otherwise), the figure can only stand up or crawl. You can't do a (non-HTH, non-ranged/thrown/spell) attack while down, either. I'd say you can change weapons before standing up.

PvK