Re: (TFT) Re: H3 System Revisited: Skewing the Bell Curve

From: "Rick Smith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>

> I was never much bothered by the always succeed /
> fail 4.5 % of the time.  I agree it is illogical that it
> does not change at all.  However, I tend to think
> that real combat is much more chaotic and random
> that TFT shows so the rules that weird things
> happen 4.5 % of the time are good enough for me.

Well, I understand that about combat.  What has
torqued me was the rate at which an Alchemist had
to rebuild his lab when doing even the most routine
work.  Or subtracting a D6 when using your Alert-
ness talent, etc.  In my opinion, that is where this
method really shines.

Applying this method to combat makes the defend
option less defensive and reduces the scariness of
the unarmed combat talents.  For combat, I think I
would use the original H3 system I proposed instead
of this interpolating scheme.

>   Very good work.

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you.

Dan