Re: (TFT) H3 System Revisited: Skewing the Bell Curve -- defending and UC talents

Quoting Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>:

  That does not win extra kudos from me as I feel that
the defend option is underpowered.  As for the high
UC talents, so few people have taken them (despite the
awesomeness of UCV) that I suspect that they are just
too expensive to be worth buying up for the top level
talent.

I rather agree (from some detached point of view -- I use pretty vanilla rules).

It uses up 11 points of IQ to get UCV, not to mention needing DX. Now, a
character with UCV is pretty competent in combat. But it only takes 2 IQ to use
a sword, and the other 9 points are left free, let's say that they've been put
into DX. So of 2 equivalent characters, one with UCV, and one with a sword and
hopped up DX, who's going to come out on top?

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com