Re: (TFT) Land Beyond the Mountains Thoughts

It's been a while since I looked at Dihad or Darok. I built the place names Dihad and Darok into my game world (Loran or The Land) long before I got the two books in the hope that they would provide some useful ideas. Once I'd read them, they were so far from my setting I didn't use either and I haven't persued any of the other LBtM packs. The lasting impression for me was they were more suitable to a wild west setting than fantasy.

As a contrast I found the two Dragonodon Universe solos (Silver Dragon and Unicorn Gold) very useful and a far more inspiring setting.

On the gripping hand I don't much like Cidri as a game world either.
So I built my own place far closer to Hyboria or Newhon than MiddleEarth and just incorporated bits I do like.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Nicole
www.loran.karoo.net/