Re: (TFT) Land Beyond the Mountains Thoughts and Silver Dragonodon

Steve,
The Toltec Empire had a huge impact in our wargame campaign based
in the Land.
http://www.loran.karoo.net/campaign/index.html
for more info ...

Apart from a brief try at running Silver Dragon as a GM'd scenario
most of our FRP games stayed well clear of the evil Empire. It
remained as a dark influence in our games. There were a couple of
games were the players countered Toltec influences e.g. A Brujo
sleeper cell spying in Barracus (on that occasion the players went
pirate hunting instead); or stopping a shipment of metal weapons
smuggled to the East.

In the latest pbe-m game before it expired, the players stole the
villains ship and found half a dozen Toltecs chained up in the
hold, they released the 'slaves' from their iron chains ...
 This in a mainly bronze culture where iron has a very
particular property ...

Also, Orcs in my game devolved from the green skinned oafs common
in other popular FRP, to 'Beastmen', cannibal Neanderthals or
night-walkers via Hyborian Picts. Tho' Michael Chrichton's 'Eaters
of the Dead' and Jack Vance's Lyonesse had a bit more influence in
that change.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Nicole