Re: (TFT) "Average" characters

We occasionally play a Monsters! Monsters version of TFT where the PC's
are usually non-human creatures.  We fill the village with "average
peasants" with ST 8 DX 8 IQ 8.  Taste is about 8, too, according to the
monsters.

David

> I wanted to get some opinions on "starting" characters.
>
> But every published TFT supplement that I have been able to read, has
ALL the (human) characters and opponents as at 32 point characters.
Should this be so?  Shouldn't a large part of the population consist of
30 point characters?  Or is the assumption that all the 30 point
characters choose safe, boring town jobs, and that only the 'above
average' characters would get accepted into the army, guard duty, or
whatever the player characters are going to face?