Re: (TFT) (SFB) Kaufman retrograde

(Wow, I had no idea they were the same person!)

On Fri, August 3, 2007 12:06 pm, Craig W. Barber wrote:
> BTW, how did the Kaufman retrograde work out against the Concordiate PPDs,
> anyway?

I never actually played such a scenario, but that question was posed in
one of the tactical articles in I think Nexus magazine (possibly Captain's
Log). The answer was that it still works, but not as well as against other
weapons, because the Plasmatic Pulsar Devices are actually competitive
stand-off weapons themselves, and can be used while approaching. In fact,
the PPD is a good weapon for a retrograde maneuver itself, if not quite as
good as proximity photon torpedoes. According to (my memory of) the
article I read (twenty years ago), anyway.

PvK