Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #901(lets tie to AGEING)

This is straight from my notes when looking at double exp half-ageing races (and the previously noted descrepiency)

(from TFT rule text)
Joe Average
<START> AGE (20) ; CHAR PTS (30)

Joe works for 30yrs as a farmhand @ (3/18);
 {the reason I assign a risk to farmhand is the subject of another post, but sufice to say here that anyone can get lucky as in a bumper crop that the farmer rewards with a "bonus" or, vice versa, get caught with the farmers daughter... and who ain't heard THOSE stories?}
All else aside (survival of the first couple of failures, seasonal work issues and the like,) Joe works for aprox. 1500 weeks and on average should have 1 success OR fail every 2 years.
This is 1 success every 4 years and 1 fail every 4.
I'll call it 8 sucesses (survival of the fittest and all) and 7 fails over that 30 years.
This makes Joe Average a 38pt CHAR @ 50 when ageing kicks in.

via this progression...
@55yrs a JOE is 34pts
@60yrs a JOE is 30pts
@65yrs a JOE is 26pts
@70yrs a JOE is 23pts (-2pts per yr; no more JOB rolls)
@75yrs a JOE is 13pts
@80yrs a Joe is 3pts (-3pts per yr)
@81yrs JOE is 0pts (dead)

On the other end my notes have this...

CHAR PTS 0 = sperm/egg (laugh but 'Time Travel' and other type stories might need this)

CHAR PTS 1 or 2 = premie

CHAR PTS 3 to 5 = infant

CHAR PTS 6 to 8 = 1yr old

CHAR PTS 9 to 11 = 2yr old

CHAR PTS 12 to 14 = 3yr old

CHAR PTS 15 to 16 = 4yr old

CHAR PTS 17 = 5yr old

CHAR PTS 18 = 6yr old

CHAR PTS 19 = 7yr old

and etc. until...

CHAR PTS 30 = 18yr old

and...

CHAR PTS 32 = 20yr old

Which is what TFT ITL calls for beganing characters (who are a cut above).

I will maintain that a 100yr old Elf is MUCH worse than a 50yr old 38pt JOE... still best not to piss off your elders though...