Re: (TFT) Equipment to scale

> This is a genuinely interesting idea. I don't know if it would work for me -
> I'll have to think about it, and try it out. And I don't know if I'd want to
> keep close track of item dimensions.
>
> But this is a genuinely interesting idea. Thank you for sharing it.

First and formost THANK YOU! Even disagrement is better than being ignored but I truly respect the people who read this list and so if someone gives me a compliment here it's better than money to me. It's a really lonely business for me, putting this stuff out, and I don't flatter myself that most of it has any value to anyone but me but how sad would it be if I never even TRIED to put any of this stuff out as raw and unformed as it is?

Okay enough bleeding heart crap.

I can pull dimensions from any mail order/e-comerce type catalogue. Also this method again puts responsability on the players. I find that most people respond favorably to having trust placed in them. i.e. most of us won't CHEAT if the rule is well defined. Most of us will try to find loopholes if the rule is vague.
This is just opinion but I've been running these things for a time....

Also of note here THIS idea was from a marketing point of view. Owing to the 'Magic the Gathering' craze (mid-90's?) I'z thinking that I could sell "Decks of Things". These would have been coated cards of Items. Laminate a Tally Card and you can change the figures with a greese pencil.

Lord I do babble...

It's just that all this stuff is interrelated. If I can't give a good defenition of a hex then I can't scale it up for building purposes or crops or.....

Crud!

Jay dose NOT translate well into english. (and can't spell too boot!)

Look if I gave YOU the option to have that kinda controll over your equipment I'll bet that you'll spend a couple of hours developing a "RIG". What Item is in what pocket or pouch or.....

Simply put, rather than erase a figure on your Sheet when you loose an Item, just give the GM the Card.

(If there is only one Excalaber then there is only ONE CARD that represents excalaber)

Ultimatly this addresses Mr. Jacksons Dictum to not let a super powerful item "unbalence" your game.

You may HAVE the card for the "One Ring" but NOW what?

Finaly these thing have a tendancy to be "self standardized". PC's will experment until they find a "Kaufman Retorgrade" configuration for their Equipment. Fine by me. I've got a Tec-Tree to shake things up once they become too static.