Re: (TFT) Jay just RANTS

---- "Jay Carlisle"  wrote:------------------------------

This stuff has more potential than a simple 'beer and pretzels' "passtime"

I'm not the one to bring this msg but these things can be HIGHLY educational.

Sure, but anything *can* be educational.

And there is nothing wrong with passing the time in the presence of freinds, engaging in a hobby you enjoy.  For me, it is all about the beer and pretzels (well, actually the friends and their families having an impetus to gather for a game day barbeque) Game day gets us all together, which is harder now that we are all parents and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, learn all you want from gaming, use it as a jumping off point for all sorts of research and whatnot, tell great collaborative stories, make impromptu works of storytelling art, RPGs are a versatile medium to work with, but for me, and I'd imagine many others, the beer and pretzels are part of the attraction.

Just to be clear, Jay, in no way do I take offense at your rant, nor do I mean to give offense, just wanted to share a different view is all.

John