Re: (TFT) Re: Building; square megahex

 so I apologize
> in advance for my inevitable naiveti -- but this discussion's
> interesting. ^_^

No apology needed.
On this we're ALL niave.
Many of the BASIC terms still remain undefined.
This means we're all on equal footing with our opinions until this stuff more closely matches the data we can garner from impartial referances.

> It seems to me that the aesthetic appeal of the map should count for
> something, and that would favor drawing naturally. In other words, you
> would draw the terrain as it is in your imagination, without regard
> for hexes/squares/whatever, so that it looks like a map of a real
> place and not a game board. That way the hexes don't dictate the
> world, they serve a simpler purpose, their intended purpose: a
> convenient measuring guide to streamline combat. Then you could have
> some rules of thumb to determine what terrain features lie within a
> given hex. For instance, you could say that the terrain in a hex is
> determined by what occupies the majority of it (i.e. if 51% of a hex
> is water, the hex is considered to be water); or if a wall passes
> through a hex it, is considered a wall, but you are allowed to occupy
> that hex (your back is against the wall); etc. You'd get maps that not
> only look more realistic, aiding player imagination, but are easier to
> draw.

WELL, ...., ....,

OUCH OUCH OUCH

Okay, this is gonna be another stream.

Mnoren, Cidri and 'The Number of the Beast'
Mathmatical models for the "meanders" of a river can take the model of {paths in which a moving point can strike off in a direction determined by some random process (DIE ROLL) as it goes between two points (fixed) in a number of steeps.
Probability dicitates a serpentine path for this "Random Walk"

This is an example of the 'principal of least effort'

What "I" think the hexes are best for is EXPLOSIONS!

An explosive force emits from a center.

Military Wizards are listed on the Job Tables.

Without running for my notes I think it's something like 5/6 of the people with "some talent" (I read this as able to learn AID. ie human Str batterys)

This STILL leaves UNITS of wizards possable (including a 5/6th 'support staff'?)

HOW MUCH DAMAGE CAN YOU PUT IN A 1.3m HEX BEFORE IT BECOMES EXPLOSIVE? (hot? loud?)

[assume it's a 1.3m 'hex collum' of air]

> Cheers,
> Eric
> =====

Salu!