Re: (TFT) More on maps

I always wanted to try a map experiment which recognized that not all "areas" in nature are created equal. Thus a building would be located on a square or rectangle (or two or more, depending on size) and the rest of the terrain on some sort of shape that reflected its ease of movement. Thus smaller shapes for difficult terrain like brush or tall grass and larger shapes for clear and something between for something like trees or forested. That way movement allowances would not require adjustment, and figures could be moved in a more realistic manner. "Stacking" could easily be handled (if you standardized the base/counter size).

For closer/tactical scales, building interiors do not have to be square shapes, but any logical irregular polygon that is appropriate to the situation.

Line of Sight and range would have to be handled by rulers, but that is easy.

Yes I do a lot of wargaming (board and miniatures) and tactical games are my favorite. The whole hex vs. square vs. "miniatures style" terrain layout is interesting, valid and sometimes fun.

Marty