RE: (TFT) TSR and SPI. Rivers on hex sides. Rick says hi.

Quite fair, my comments here are probably a bit brash.
My thoughts were more centered on the D&D rule structure. I think that Gygaxs stuff was driven by Arnsens and when the Cheaky Mage got cut out Gygax ended up publishing a bunch of notes.
By this I mean "How do you play D&D?"
I don't believe there is a clear and objective answer to this question.
I don't care whos game I'm playing in there should be a few things that arn't subjective.