(TFT) It's always sunny in Elyantia

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joe Hartley" <jh@brainiac.com>

> > I've got a computer.
>
> ...and he's not afraid to use it!

Oh! But I AM! :-)
I think it was Chris Cooper as the orcid thief in 'Adaptation' who, when asked why he suddenly stoped raising rare tropical fish, looked at the reporter, shrugged his shoulders and said;
"I'z done with fish"
The way they've black boxed these things nowadays has me saying 'Done with computers'.
I got one when it became clear that it was gonna be nessacary if I'z gonna get any of this stuff out. It's just a tool now.

> Sunday morning and there are 9 new posts, it's gotta be our friend Jay!
> Thanks for keeping the discussion lively!

LOL
Trying to catch up has got me dreaming about some of this stuff!

After being confornted with a litteral wall of info out there nowadays (vissions of my generations crotchity old man stories) I've noticed something.

Useing a bunch of 90 consonates-strung-together names for people and places dosn't REALLY make someones game sound exotic or cultural. It makes reading about the thing akin to reading a Russian novel. After awhile I just stop even trying to pronounce the bloody names.

A culture is a system for feeding it's members no matter what its named.

Okay it goes like this...

First we had tribes.
War was in a "tit for tat" fassion.
Tribes were extended familly groups, around 30 people. If you think about it how many people can you REALLY have close contact with on basicly a daily basis over long periods of time?
Tribes were 'hunter gatherers'
hunter gatherers live by a lunar cycle because animals live by this cycle.
Then Adam decided that he too was worthy to determine that which was good and that which was evil. He could make his own CHANGES to the garden and claim portions for himself, allowing neither man nor beast to graze from HIS crops.
Man began to farm in a highly agressive manner.
Plants are tied to a solar cycle.
Gotta switch those beliefs. It's easier without writting.
Okay that's all well and good (last thing I saw on Stonehenge says that may have been one of it's primary purposes) but since WWII we've had 'the green revolution'.
Is anyone on this list a farmer?
The numbers these days tell me probably not.
Okay we got over the moon.
We got over the sun.
How do we get over leaving the land? It's all owned now and does anyone on this list hold aloadial title to their property?

Long story short we're gonna have to feed all those Joes to keep them working for us. This is important as the infrastructure required to do this is a target of war, among other issues.

Sorry,

Just a reaction to several hours worth of tounge-twisting names....

I swear...

Jay