(TFT) Re: Re: (TFT) Making Defending more useful - Damage after armor is  1/3...

Christ wrote:

"Without getting too Gurpsy, wouldn't defending rules be more realistic by considering the relative difference of adjDX of the two parties? That is, a defender with an adjDX higher than the attacker should be able to have a better chance to defend. There's an implication that adjDX helps you defend, which doesn't seem to be included in the initial rules."

This is how we always used to do it(long before GURPS). Take the difference in adjDX between the two figures and divide by 2 and adjust the die roll up or down accordingly. For a long time, we used this in regular combat, not just in the instance of a character defending. On account of this, adjDX remained important.

FWIW,
Aidan