Re: (TFT) Making Defending more useful - Damage after armor is 1/3 .. .

I seem to have missed Chris' post so far but I would like to say that at the scale at which your worried about 'blocking an individual blow'... that's NOT Melee per say.

Melee is 5 second turns.

I've got a list of relative speeds, (I'm sure we all do) for things like eye blinks, hexes for Cheatas in 5sec and the like. As you may be able to tell I'm in the process of transfering files and such so I'm not editing on my laptop yet. There is ALOT of stuff on the list and a search can blow your mind! Also I've OTHER buns in the oven as well...

But split seceond actoins are the "Action Time" (Gerald 'Biff' Henderson) bit I'd been talking about.

It's good for a climax, but quick combat is better for overmatches.
The underdog still gets his chances for those crits.

It's like the scalemap.
Cute trick but not needed.
Neat to 'sweap out' the death blow. Kinda like instant replay in Madden.

Too tell you the truth NOTHING is really needed.
TFT is fine JUST LIKE IT IS.

It's just that the rules imply that the thing was MENT to be expanded.

Just because the publisher gave up on it dosn't mean that "I" have too!

Jay