Re: (TFT) Making Defending more useful - Damage after armor is 1/3 .. .

Mr Jackson,
Scott Addams,
etc... (R.S.)

This was part of my point in that "Meet the Pros" link.

These people are actually acessable, PROVIDING you have a REAL question for them, (I did the best reserch I can {No Cheating}).
<<MAJOR QUOTE>>
Well, It&#8217;s Finally Out:

Designers&#8217; Notes and Errata

For The Fantasy Trip

By Steve Jackson

""""""""""
It started in early 1977. I had just found out, much to my surprise, that I could design games . . . people were buying Ogre. But the game that I was playing a lot myself was Dungeons & Dragons. And like everyone else who tried an early version of D&D, I wanted to make some changes. The polyhedral dice were irritating - but the biggest problem was combat. The D&D combat rules were confusing and unsatisfying. No tactics, no real movement - you just rolled the dice and died. T&T was the same way. Monsters! Monsters! was more detailed in some ways, but still allowed no tactics.

So I did something about it. My original idea was to design a game that would accurately simulate medieval sword-and-shield combat. It would have to be simple and fast, and FEEL accurate. So Melee was born. It was very simple, as fantasy games go. Instead of six attributes, it used only two: strength and dexterity. Movement was very simple, and combat was handled by "options" which allowed a variety of different actions. When I designed Melee, I wasn't going for anything but a quick, somewhat realistic game that could be played by itself or used to fight battles in a role-playing adventure.

Now what is important to me here is

"""So I did something about it."""

So I did something about it.

So I did something about it.

You respecet the comunity your in but if you REALLY believe, you do something about it.

I just hate to see this one decend into "house rules"

sorry for my babble

Jay