(TFT) Six Attributes

Todd/Aidan?

What you are describing sounds a lot like the more "realistic" game that I
saw coming out of a Kennel in south Austin called GURPS (excuse me!).
Played it, tried to like it, but don't.  Lots of reasons why, but no matter.
Someone wrote that most of the concepts of TFT already existed when it was
written, and I agree.  Whether it's Tunnels and Trolls, D&D, Gamma World,
whatever, rolling dice against attributes, wielding swords, casting spells;
none of it was new.  I think that if whoever decides on rewriting a TFT
Resurrected it should have the same mechanics as long as it is explained
with other words and doesn't cut and paste tables, use the artwork, or call
the world Cidri, etc.  And if I remember correctly, just as a piece of
trivia and not a point concerning copyright, without checking the rules,
didn't TFT really mention an FM, Fantasy Master, instead of a DM or GM (we
use the term GM exclusively, never liked FM and could always spot D&Ders by
their use of DM, as if everything had to happen underground)?

As an interesting point about "realism", I once attended a game session of a
D&Dish style game in the spooky basement of a building in downtown San
Antonio, where, I kid you not and I have a witness, one of the player
character attributes was p*nis length! :O  I had to sit and think on that a
bit, since everything in the game was measured in feet.

-Kirk