RE: (TFT)What happend to the Mnoren?

> > From: selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com
> > To: tft@brainiac.com
> > Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:08:07 +0800
> > Subject: Re: (TFT)What happend to the Mnoren?
> >

> > Cidri was a mistake. There is no need to have some HUGE world that
> > encompasses everybody's campaign, reality (and a touch of whimsy)
> > does the job for us as so eloquently described in the aforementioned
> > novel. All we got was a few widely scattered or buried facts about
> > the designers campaign and 2 two page appendixes. If you dig through
> > the supplemental material you can dig up quite a bit more but the
> > fact remains that Cidri is superfluious. Not unimportant, but
> > unnecessary. What I've been after is a game with a few tools that
> > are beyond refute. Off the top of my head the big three are DICE,
> > FIGURES, and HEXES. These things MUST be the same no matter whos'
> > world is running. Hexes were the real bugaboo here, they took me
> > years but I finally got shook of the perfection hang-up and can now
> > make my figures tap-dance if it was necessary to a story. I've got
> > buildable (and destroyable) cities which is part of an answer to
> > the problem of very powerful characters. Instead of throwing more!
> > powerful critters at them, make them conquerors. How many exp
> > in a pop2 village (pop2 = population 2000)? Answer; about 23,200
> > if'n you kill every last man, woman, and child. (That post is
> > written already too, I just gotta learn how to type...)

Jay,

I seem to have found your thesis buried in the middle of a post from August.
Here is a link to the original thread. I think I shall dwell on this statement
for a week, both agreeing and disagreeing with ''Cidri was a mistake.''

http://tft.brainiac.com/archive/0708/msg00073.html

David Michael Grouchy II