Re: (TFT) HT's views on complexity

On Sun, December 30, 2007 4:00 pm, Jay Carlisle wrote:
> A discussion on the Champions series is probably in order on this.

I was asking specifically what Neil was thinking.

In a general discussion about it though, yeah, I had always avoided
Champions because I wasn't very interested in roleplaying superheroes, but
recently I picked up another old RPG at a used book store that was about
real-world-adventure but used a form of Champions and I was pretty shocked
at how close it was to GURPS in many details. From a true history of ideas
standpoint (rather than an "I'm curious what Neil thinks" standpoint), I'd
say it belies the idea that GURPS became what it was in order simply to
avoid being too much like TFT.

> I figure I turn 40 in the middle of June so I've been hereing about this
> bloody mid-life crises since I can remember.
>
> I choose to spend that energy on this stuff!
>

> Sad huh?

Only if you choose to make it sad. :-) I'm not sad about it.

PvK