Re: (TFT) HT's views on complexity

Townes Van Zandt
http://profile.imeem.com/7Rwj9/music/0mbn_D3h/townes_van_zandt_dead_flowers/

Dead Flowers:
intro: G F C (as many times as needed)

      C                   G
Well, when you’re sitting there
        F                C
In your silk upholstered chair
C               G                   F       C
Talking to some rich folks that you know
       C                  G
Well I hope you won’t see me
      F      C
In my ragged company
    C            G          F      C
You know I could never be alone
        G                          C
Take me down little susie, take me down
G                                             C
I know you think you’re the queen of the underground
            F                          C
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
F                           C
Send me dead flowers by the mail
F                          C
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
      G                   C             F        C
And I won’t forget to put roses on your grave

Well, when you’re sitting back
In your rose pink cadillac
Making bets on kentucky derby day
I’ll be in my basement room
With a needle and a spoon
And another girl to take my pain away

Take me down little susie, take me down
I know you think you’re the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I won’t forget to put roses on your grave

I love the Stones but Jager will NEVER NEVER NEVER be a hillbilly.

The silly git.

Jay