Re: (TFT) Babble

Heinlein had a story to tell in "Grumbles From the Grave"

It had to do with calculating an orbit, for a story, on a roll of butchers paper.

If I recall corectly, it took the better part of a week.

A young fan asked, years later, why he didn't just use a calculator.

This reminds me of one of Witginstines students remarking,
"How stupid our ancestors must have been, to think the Sun revolves around the Earth!"

"I suspose that could be true." he replied, "But I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun DID revolve around the Earth?"

Isn't that, at least, HALF the point of these "GAMES"?

3 and a half hours left....

Jay