Re: (TFT) week 2

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 20:56:09 -0500
"Ray Rangel" <ray.rangel@cox.net> wrote:
> Forgive me if I speak out of turn. I'm quite new to TFT but not so new to
> RPGs and gaming in general (30+ years). I joined this list to learn from
> others about the TFT system.

Welcome to the fray, Ray.

> You can, I think, understand my concern when people start talking about
> rules for joules. Did I leap from the frying pan into the fire? I came into
> the TFT fold to escape the RFES (Rule For Everything Syndrome) that plagues
> other systems. I'm seeking sublime simplicity.

This has been a topic that's been debated on this list since its inception.
Many people, inclusing myself, love TFT because it's more about roleplaying
and less about rollplaying.  Others are into it because the fairly simple
structure allows them to add on to it and come up with more realistic
modeling of combat or add new spells or talents.

> The bottom line is that I'm afraid I have to agree with Rick. Furthermore,
> your statement that you use the list as an on-line notepad demonstrates a
> disregard for others. My impression was that the purpose of this list is to
> share and communicate with others about TFT, not that it is to be used as a
> personal scratch pad.

As the owner of the list, I have welcomed Jay's posts, unstructred as they
may be, because he's spurred a number of conversations since he's started
doing it.  The list is certainly more active since he's joined us.  Some may
not like his style or what he has to say, but there's a delete button handy,
and most mail programs can be set up with a rule to automatically drop his
posts.

> So, all that being said, would someone like to carry on a conversation about
> TFT?  ...  Does anyone have a home brewed adventure or campaign they would like
> to share?

There are 2 adventures written by list members on the wiki:
http://tft.brainiac.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Adventures
They're both fun and play pretty well.