RE: (TFT) Travel,terain and groups

> From: selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com
>
> A personal note on those encounter tables.
> After a jaunt through a temperate rainforest for the first time I
> noticed that you pretty much HAD to move down the same paths that
> the deer and elk and bears moved down. It's the bear part that's a
> bit disturbing. Them and the cougars. Almost makes ya miss the
> cottonmouths...
> Anyhoo you'd be foolish to hunt by yourself around here.

Jay,
    I was hiking once with a friend.  Eventually the trail led down by the
Mississippi river.  Still heavily wooded, but the river was close.  Ahead a
huge branch had fallen across the path.  It was about three meters long.  My
friend stepped over it.  I was walking a few paces behind.  The dark branch
became disturbed and suddenly slithered off the path into the underbrush.
    Of course when I used the experience in one of my simple adventures, the
creature had grown to truly monstrous size.  Look at the bottom of this page.

http://www.branya.com/solo_104.htm

David Michael Grouchy II