RE: (TFT) Intentions

But Ray, (or Mr. Rangel if you prefer)
Does Conan's feet stick to the ground?
Why?
Is that not "Real World" physics?

Please don't envision me as an advisarey in this, far from it!

"I" think that we use "Real World" physics as GM's cause it WORKS!

Else if, If you have something better I'd DEARLY love to see it.

> I think that there is real value in helping GMs and players estimate effects
> rather than finding the value of one ST, one DX or one IQ so they can
> calculate effects. If I'm a GM and player wants to use an edged weapon that
> isn't listed I need do no more than find something listed that is close to
> use as baseline characteristics and move on and play the play the game. What
> is the real value of knowing the actual weight, moment arm, energy imparted,
> etc.?

Well IMHO a well made game "buries" the details in the "tools" of the game. Dice, Maps, Character Sheets, etc.
If I use "moment of force" to give you a better system, what's the bitch?

> BTW, you don't tick me off.

Thank you.
Perhaps I can have the oppertunity to do better with YOUR input sir!

> > During play, the GM should only be affecting the gameworld in the same
> > maner as a player, through the Characters.
>
> Now, I don't agree with this statement at all. I own dozens of RPG rules and
> I don't think a single one agrees with you either. The GM is not another
> player.

Note: I stated that "WHEN PLAY BEGINS" the GM should only be able to affect the enviroment through the tallents/spells, etc. of the NPC's he controlls.

 The GM is the omniscient and omnipotent supreme being. By
> definition, the GM cannot only interact with the game in the same way as
> players.

Well yes.
By the current standard.
But shouldn't a GOOD set of rules basicly opperate like Roberts Rules of Order?

> Ray Rangel

Jay Carlisle