Re: (TFT) Remember the human (rule 1 of the core rules of Netiquette)

On Jan 14, 2008 4:25 PM, <paleryder1@verizon.net> wrote:

> I see the words "clip" and "reference" and I'm not sure what was being
> complained of. Please advise.

We can ask what was meant by "clipping" -- but I think it's Justin's term
that refers to those who don't trim the fat out of the messages. When I
re-read his entire message, that's the meaning I got from it.

Yes, it requires actively deleting the text, and proofing your message
before it goes out. It's easier to just be lazy and leave all the stuff in
there, type a reply and hit send.

Rule 10 of the Netiquette rules says we should forgive people for their
mistakes. However, as I pointed out, this complaint was made by Justin many
months ago. Perhaps the list owner can exert some force on this issue.

Finally, Rule 10 states "If you do decide to inform someone of a mistake,
point it out politely, and preferably by private email rather than in
public." but, it also states paradoxically, "Just as it's a law of nature
that spelling flames always contain spelling errors, notes pointing out
Netiquette violations are often examples of poor Netiquette." I'll stop
quoting the netiquette rules now :-)