RE: (TFT) SciFi TFT, was: What happened to the TFT list ?

Good point!
The tools used to game should be just that, tools.
Now the way I view it, if the nut is only finger tight (like me!), I don't need the wrench.
Occasionally though, you need a wrench, navel jelly, and a breaker bar.
It's nice to have them in the tool chest if you need them, and a real pain in the ass when you don't.

If nothing else, I can use the Battle Map to produce some pretty wild effects.
300 style attacks for one.
I don't break out the Map every time a Player takes a swing at someone.
But I could if I wanted to, although I feel this breaks the flow or the story (although I'm still not sure what Story is in an RPG).

Jay