Re: (TFT) Economics

This is a great point.
I count every peice of gold in my gameworld.
Actually, I count everything but gold is a good example.
Think this is to complicated?

>From HOW STUFF WORKS
http://money.howstuffworks.com/question213.htm

Figuring out the total amount of gold that has been produced by man is a little harder. To get at some kind of estimate, let's figure that the world has been producing gold at 50 million ounces a year for 200 years. That number is probably a little high, but when you figure that the Aztecs and the Egyptians produced a fair amount of gold for a long time, it's probably not too far off. Fifty million ounces * 200 years = 10 billion ounces. Ten billion ounces of gold would fit into a cube roughly 25 meters (about 82 feet) on a side. Consider that the Washington Monument measures 55 feet by 55 feet at its base and is 555 feet tall (17 x 17 x 170 m). That means that if you could somehow gather every scrap of gold that man has ever mined into one place, you could only build about one-third of the Washington Monument.

Platinum is even more scarce than gold. Only 3.6 million troy ounces are produced per year. Its specific gravity is 21.45, and it was discovered in the 18th century, not in 3,000 B.C. If you assume that the world has produced 3.6 million ounces per year for 50 years to estimate the total worldwide supply, all of the platinum in the world would fit in a cube that is 6.3 meters (about 20 feet) on a side. In other words, all of the platinum in the entire world would easily fit in the average home!

A note on Platinum here.
DO NOT do research on Platinum Production in the US.
Apparently, the production is centralised and the powers that be take a dim view of in-depth questions on this subject.
More pages for my FBI file.
(Hi fellas! Remeber to send bacholors guys, cause I'm taking an honor guard.)

Okay, that said, we can then fix major production areas to impact craters and before you know it you've got a fix on the amount of precious metal running about the kingdom.

Economics is NOT money.
Money is a tool of Economics.

I'm not at the point where I can post my Economic stuff, but the basic idea is to fix resources, (I use World Book) and describe how those resources are used in secondary production, with specific attantion to transportation.
Think building in Warcraft.

The money only represents what can be acomplished with it.
It's not the only means to an end.

And reiteration never hurts IMO.

Jay