Re: (TFT) Is it an RPG or really a Tactical RPG?

Because simple terms are what we use to communicate with. If you are uncomfortable defending the terms that you use, then you shouldn't use them.

You assert that games that are intended to be visualized completely in the head, with no visual aids, are the "true" or "pure" RPGs. The terms "true" and "pure" are both dangerous terms - they imply superiority, or at least, without taint.

I assert that roleplaying games are roleplaying games, and don't require any particular quality to be a "true" or "pure" RPG. It's more about the people playing the game, than what you use to play it with.

I find the whole notion to be pure balderdash.

You want to know why you have earned my ire? Because it all sounds like define the "one true path" in gaming, and just like "one true faith", or "one true cola", it is a failed proposition, at best, and highly annoying to the rest of us, at worst.

David Jackson