Re: (TFT) Leaving List

"Wizard Master" wrote:
> Just thought the moderator of this list should know the reason for my
> depature.

Those of you who have been on this list a long time will know that my
approach to moderating is... laid-back.  My theory is that groups tend to
be self-moderating, and when someone is acting like a tool, an apology
tends to come out soon or the tool leaves in a huff when people call him
on it.  (I'd say him or her, but oddly, there are no women to my knowledge
on this list.)

I have not read all the emails that have come through the list lately, as
I'm moving a server room to two different locations and relocating an office
of about 50 people in the middle of all this, and I'd seen a couple of
poorly-written words, and offense taken where there was possibly none
intended.  I have not seen it become uglier, so I must have missed something.

I will write to people off list as necessary, but a few notes to all
list members:  Be civil, and remember that things written sarcastically,
cynically or tongue-in-cheek can often be taken the wrong way.